26 March 2010

Through the Looking Glass



I went to see Alice in Wonderland a few weeks back... I'm not sure if it was because of the hype or the fact that it's a Disney PG but I wasn't blown away. I came out feeling slightly disappointed, even a little sad. I've always liked the concept of the film, the dreamy excentricity and flamboyant visuals but have never actually read the whole book. In view of this I have decided to read Through the Looking Glass and hopefully re-kindle the love. I dug a copy out of my Nans library and was pleasantly surprised to find loads of cuttings from newspapers sandwiched between the pages, all on the subject of Alice in Wonderland and the various adaptations. Above is an amazing illustration I found hidden under a horrible red and white cover. I'll keep you posted on my progress through the book.